- Artificial intelligence (when machines mimic human, intelligent behavior)
- Machine Learning (programming machines to learn how to learn)
- Deep Learning (networks and algorithms inspired by the functions of the brain)
- Neural Networks (interconnected networks, also based on the human brain)
- Algorithms (set of rules that defines computational operations)
These five concepts are all related, as Artificial Intelligence is the general term at the high level for machine intelligence, Machine Learning is about acquiring this intelligence, i.e. self-taught, autonomous machines, Deep Learning and Neural Networks are the algorithms and architecture inspired by the human brain used for Machine Learning, and the algorithms themselves, at the most granular operational computing level, is the code, the software.