Here are a couple of notes from the book which really resonated with me.
- Everyone is a leader, if you do something, it makes an impact on others around you.
Key take aways which I should look further into:
- Task conflict and relationship conflict are interesting topics I should look into further.
5 strategies to encourage task completion:
- Power to implement – will
- Avoiding approach – hope something will force choice
- Accommodating – lack of decisiveness
- Compromising – give and get, everyone might be dissatisfied
- Collaborative – recently experienced this
Be alert to the stress and stress, including:
- Time stress
- Counter stress – difference with others
- Situational stress
- Anticipation stress
- Use reactive or proactive strategies to disable or mitigate the stress
NB: As a manager, show your authentic self
- e.g. Tony stark, presented personality to the world
We should strive to be servant leaders
Attraction, Selection, and Attrition Model
- Use meta analysis
- Put candidates through tests and scenarios that are realistic
- Be sure they are also evaluating you